2nd GISFF To Celebrate FTII’S Golden Jubilee Through a Special Package
A package of the highly applauded diploma films made by Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune’s students, some of whom later became renowned filmmakers, will be showcased at the 2nd Guwahati International Short Film Festival (GISFF) to be held from May 4th to 6th, 2012 celebrating the premier film school’s golden jubilee.
The specially-designed Golden Jubilee package, earlier screened at the Mumbai International Film Festival (MIFF, 2012), comprise diploma films made by the likes of Kumar Shahani, Girish Kasaravalli, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Sriram Raghavan, Rajan Khosa and several others.
These films give a glimpse to the early promise that these filmmakers exhibited as student filmmakers who learnt their craft at India’s 1st film school that has over the years churned out many a big talent in both artistic and technical streams of filmmaking.
The technical crew of these films also comprised then students of FTII. Some of them later became leading lights of the film industry, such as cinematographers Jehangir Chowdhury, Hari Nair, editors the late Renu Saluja, Rajkumar Hirani, etc.
1. 37 Down Manmad Passenger (10 min, 1967, Kumar Shahani)
2. Deccan Queen (1966, K.S. Raju)
3. Awashesh (1975, Girish Kasarvalli)
4. Murder at Monkety Hill (1978, Vidhu Vinod Chopra)
5. Bodhvriksha (1985, Rajan Khosa)
6. The Eight Column Affair (1987, Sriram Raghavan)
7. Dispossession (1988, N.H. Prasad)
8. Sundance Cafe (1991, Ravi Davala)
9. Still Life (1994, Subhadro Chowdhary)
10. Jee Karta Tha (1997, Hansa Thapliyal)
11. Chaitra (2000, Kranti Kanade)
12. The Solitary Sandpiper (2004, Ajita Suchitraveera)
13. Girni (2004, Umesh Kulkarni)
14. Ksha Tra Ghya (2004, Amit Dutta)
15. Chabiwali Pocketwatch (2005, Vibhu Puri)
Cine lovers can come and enjoy these award winning short films at 2nd Guwahati International Short Film Festival (GISFF) commencing from May 4th to 6th, 2012 at District Library, Guwahati.